Hey guys, I'd like to get everyone praying NOW for all the kids and staff at our Bethany orphanage here in Tirana.
One child from Bethany died in the hospital here last night, and it turns out that he had meningitis. I'm not sure which type--viral or bacterial--but either way, it's contagious and VERY serious. Already, a couple kids have fevers, and (I'm pretty sure) another kid is showing the symptoms that the child that died did.
Luckily, our missionary friends that work there (my best American girl friend here and her family) were vaccinated this summer while they were back in the states for one of the types of meningitis. However: as of yet, I don't know if the vaccination was for the type of meningitis that is affecting the kids at Bethany. My friend's mom was on the phone tonight with their pediatrician back home to try and figure that out. I'll try to update you when I know what she found out. In the meantime, my MK friends have to stay in their apartment upstairs at the orphanage.
My friend's mom who--praise the Lord--is a nurse, spent the earlier part of today vaccinating all the children there at the orphanage to hopefully prevent the spread of the meningitis.
Wow... I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this. It's all happening so quickly!
Anyways, PLEASE pray, and spread the word. If you have a list of people that you normally send prayer requests to, go ahead and send this to them. We need as many people as possible around the world praying for these precious children and the staff there at Bethany!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
URGENT--Meningitis at Bethany--Please pray!!!
Here's something I just posted to an MK website in the prayer requests section:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am praying!
Post a Comment